Article II the Ojai Valley Lions Club’s Constitution notes that the purposes and objects of this club are:
1. To create and foster a spirit of “generous consideration” among the peoples of the world through a study of the problems of international relationships.
2. To promote the theory and the practice of the principles of good government and good citizenship.
3. To take an active interest in the civic, social, and moral welfare of the community.
4. To unite the members in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship, and mutual understanding.
5. To provide a forum for the full and free discussion of all matters of public interest; partisan politics and sectarian religion alone excepted.
6. To encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in business and professions; provided that this club shall not hold out as one of its objects financial benefits to its members.