For nearly 100 years, Lions have served their communities with dedication and contributed to the development and well-being of millions of people around the world. To celebrate our 100th anniversary, we are asking Lions to help reach our Centennial Service Challenge goal of serving more than 100 million people by June 2018.
Engaging our Youth
Support youth in the community, or inspire the next generation of volunteers by inviting Leos and other local youth to serve on community projects
Sharing the Vision
Prevent future cases of unecessary blindness through vision screenings and educational events. Give the gift of sight through projects that benefit those who are blind or living with low vision.
Relieving the Hunger
Improve access to healthy food for vulnerable populations in the community.
Protecting our Environment
Protect and improve the environment to make the community a healthier place to live for everyone.
Lions Clubs International is here to help you get started and to keep your club motivated. Visit the Centennial Service Challenge page in the Centennial Toolboxfor resources.
CENTENNIAL SERVICE CHALLENGE BY THE NUMBERS – Internationally
- 80,872,583 people served
- 27,790,015 people benefited through Engaging our Youth
- 13,513,167 people benefited through Sharing the Vision
- 17,633,178 people benefited through Relieving the Hunger
- 21,936,223 people benefited through Protecting our Environment
- 57% of clubs are engaged in the Centennial Service Challenge
- 103,391 Sharing the Vision projects completed
- 2,222,326 trees planted through the Protecting our Environment campaign
- 49% of clubs have implemented an Engaging Our Youth project
- 17,878 communities positively impacted through Relieving the Hunger projects